I’ll finally find out of if the Friends are really friends because I’m going to ask them myself…when I stop by the Central Perk “pop-up” shop that Warner Bros is creating to celebrate the Friends 20th anniversary. If you’re around the New York City area and want to relive your 20’s and possibly hear Phebe’s belt out a rendition of “Smelly Cat” stop by 199 Lafayette Street starting September 17th and going through October 18th Mon-Fri from 8am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 8pm.
Here are some of the things you can do once you’re there:
- Take pictures and sit on the actual orange couch that the gang sat on 20 hours per day
- Meet the real guy who played Gunther on occasion (I sh*t you not)
- Take pictures in front of Central Perk and ruin my Instagram feed
- Play some trivia games and win some possible prizes
- Suffer from secondhand embarrassment and ponder why other countries hate us
I plan on going, of course, with a strong buzz on and will Pinterest the absolute sh*t out of my experience. I will then immediately deal with a pending bed bugs situation.