New to the world of infusing and now sure where to begin? We were in the space boat so we researched about a dozen herbal infusers to figure out which were the best ones. The verdict? It really depends on what you’re using your infuser for.
Thanks to weed being legalized in many states, many are looking for a cannabis infuser to, well, infuse their weed into a variety of foods. Others are looking to infuse herbs into things like butter and oil. Finding the best one for you doesn’t have to be such a tough task.
What Does an Infuser Machine Actually Do?
What exactly are infuser machines? These miracle contraptions will allow you to infuse oil or butter with herbal flavors of your choice, in the comfort of your own home.
Typically your infuser will allow you to take your recipes, whether CBD, food or beauty related to the next level. Various settings will infuse your butter or oil with herbs at different potencies, provide aroma control, purify, and more. So you can dry, activate, and infuse! The amount of time it takes to infuse will vary – depending on the herb you choose, as well as the oil you choose. So, while many (most?) people may be using them to tackle their weed deeds, CBD oil, and budder, you can also kick your cooking up a notch with herb infused oils, power up with smoothies, or up your self-care game with lavender infused oils, scrubs, shower steamers or candles – even matcha. In fact, we’re all over this recipe for infused cheddar bacon scones, and are ready to serve them at our next outdoor brunch.
Can You Use With Them Weed?
After doing a bit of research, it didn’t take us long to figure out that these machines are also typically targeted towards marijuana users. So many people seem to be on the hunt for CBD anything these days, and as a result, these hit the mark for those looking to infuse their own CBD oils. And, sure, if you have a little cannabis you can whip up some amazing weed butter, pot-inspired brownies – you name it! Of course, that’s not the end all, be all here.
One of the most popular brands in this unbelievably fast growing market, is Levo, and they don’t necessarily market strictly to cannabis users, but rather focus on food, beauty products, and even muscle rubs and shower steamers.
Are Infusers Really Worth It?
One thing we noticed when researching different infuser machines? People really seem to love them. Most of the ones we came across received glowing, five star reviews. So if you’re looking to check these out, and need a place to start, we’ve found some great options below, including:
→ A Cult Favorite
→ An Amazon Best Seller
→ An Affordable Option at a Great Price Point
Shop our picks for some of the top infuser machine brands in 2023.
LEVO II Cannabis Infuser
This minimalist, sleek design from Levo comes in several other colors, so it’s easy to find one that matches your aesthetic if your plan is to leave it out on the counter.
Levo streamlines the infusion process from start to finish, with patented technology exclusively for infusing herbs and botanicals into butter and oil. It also features parts that are dishwasher safe (yes!), along with aroma control and 3 settings to dry, activate, and infuse.
- 5 eye catching color options
- Dishwasher safe
- Has a set-it-and-forget-it option
- Really easy to use no matter your infusing level
- The price is pretty high
- Some had issues with getting completion alerts via the app
HI Herbal Infuser
Perfect for small batch infusions, from a half cup to two cups. You can make small batch infusions in as little as 45 minutes, with additional settings for 90 minute and four hour infusion cycles.
This small but mighty machine from Hi also includes and organic her filter, as well as a recipe book. However, this one is not dishwasher safe, so buyer beware.
- Time efficient, making a small batch in only 45 minutes
- Portable thanks to the easy to carry handle
- Not dishwasher safe like many other brands
- Some felt it was a bit too small for their infusing needs
- A bit on the expensive side for the size
Ardent FX Cannabis Infuser
Perfect if you’re looking for basically a portable cannabis kitchen. Their top selling FX concentrate with infusion sleeve is the total all-in-one package and is even four-times bigger than than original (the Nova). You can now easily decarboxylate, infuse, melt, and bake right inside the FX. It’s even really easy to clean and odor free.
- The decarboxylator is virtually smell-proof, which can come in handy in smaller spaces
- It can connect via bluetooth so you can program and monitor from your phone
- Can take up to 4 ounces of material
- Priced on the higher side
- Even though it’s supposed to be odorless, some users felt they could still smell it throughout their home
Complete Magical Butter Set
This easy to clean botanical extractor from Magical Butter is fully automatic with 1, 2, 4, and 8 hour cycles.
It grinds, heats, stirs, and steeps your infusions in a 40 ounce container that allows you to make smaller, or larger batches. It also includes a purify filter, silicone glove, and cookbook.
- Comes with more accessories than most others
- Container is large enough to make large batches, while still allowing for smaller ones too
- Infuse and extract up to 5 cups at a time
- Some felt the blender portion was tough to clean since it can’t be submerged in water
- Only the silicone pieces are dishwasher safe
This infuser features a thermostat that allows for variable batch ranges of 1 to 4 cups (2 – 8 sticks) of butter.
It comes with a cookbook with over 80 recipes, including butter, oils, puree soups, nut milks, bullet proof coffee, and more. Also included? Two purifier filters, a silicone butter mold, a silicone kitchen mitt, and 3 silicone spatulas.
- Ideal for making multiple sticks of infused butter
- Can make up to 5 cups at a time
- Comes with 80 recipes you can immediately test out
- If you have to decarb, you’ll need an additional appliance
- Only the butter molds are dishwasher safe, everything else must be washed by hand
Ongrok Herbal Infuser Machine
Perfect for making at-home edibles (and so much more) this extractor machine from Ongrok has 1 – 8 hour cycles, so you can infuse in as little as one hour.
Included are 2 silicone gloves, and 2 double-stitched nylon filter bags – which are dishwasher safe. There’s also a recipe book included.
- Has a self-cleaning option
- Nicer looking than some other brands, so you can keep it out on your counter if you’d like
- You can quickly and easily make infused butter, oil, and more with just the touch of one button
- Some felt it was a bit on the noisy side when operating
- They bottom portion of the device can get a little hot, so keep kids/pets away