Since March comes in like a lion and out like a maroon, we probably have time for one last hurrah. I don’t know why March even bothers being involved in “spring.” Poser. We’ll get 2 days in a row of 45 degree weather and then one last snow storm on March 31st as a final kick in the stomach. Since most of us can’t gather around the fire pit with real S’mores quite yet, we can turn them into hot chocolate. Here’s how:
- Hershey’s Chocolate Spread
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Hot Chocolate
Get it together:
- Using the chocolate spread, cover the entire rim of the mug in chocolate. Just spread it on with a knife.
- Pour your Graham Cracker crumbs into a dish or bowl and dip the rim of the mug into the crumbs, coating the chocolate. Kind of like salting your margarita glass.
- Make your hot chocolate. Any kind you like…From scratch, instant, Keurig, etc.
- Toast your marshmallows. I had to make these for a group, so I lined the marshmallows on a baking sheet and popped them under the broiler for a minute. Don’t take your eyes off of them while they’re under the broiler, they toast quickly! You can also put them on a skewer and toast them on the stove top.
- Drop your toasted marshmallows into the hot chocolate and enjoy.
*If these are for the adults, feel free to add marshmallow vodka, Kahlua, etc…to make life more tolerable until the real spring arrives.