I’m 2 years in and still not over my ginger beer obsession. Clearly, my all-time favorite is the Moscow Mule, but with Fall approaching I was looking to welcome the season with something new that had an Autumn-like kick to it. Since I’ve boycotted apple-picking ever since Fall of ’89, I had to get my apple in-take from somewhere so looked to my friends at Absolut for a new cocktail to try out. Introducing the “Absolut Apple and Ginger.”
How to Make an Apple and Ginger
- 2 Parts of Absolut Orient Apple
- 1 Part Apple Juice (if you’re only having one or two of these, try out a chilled apple cider)
- 3/4th Part Lime Juice
- Ginger Beer (as always, go with a ginger beer that contains alcohol because, well, why not)
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 3 Large Ice Cubes
Preparation (I prepared mine slightly different than the folks at Absolut)
- Add your ice cubes into your copper mug (left over from when you made your last Moscow Mule). If you don’t have that, use a Tom Collins glass (or just a tall glass…whatever)
- Using a drink shaker, toss in your apple vodka, apple juice (or cider), and lime juice. Shake thoroughly for 10 seconds.
- Pour your mixture into your copper mug, top off with ginger beer (slightly more ginger beer and less vodka or apple juice if you want more of a kick)
- Garnish with your lime wedge (or use a slice of green or red apple if you’re feeling festive)
Overall I have to say I totally dig this drink. It can be more on the sweet side so this most likely won’t be your go-to for a night out of drinking. Plus, too much apple juice or apple cider can, well, you know how that works. Either way, the ginger beer really gave it that soothing kick I love with my drinks.