John Hughes and Matthew Broderick not only taught us how to skip school in 1986 but how to to do it in the most classy way possible. We know that Mr. Hughes had far more to teach us before his untimely passing at 59 years old; thankfully there were plenty of movies where we learned a lot, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science and Uncle Buck to name a few. Always remember that putting the Ferrari in reverse doesn’t take the miles of the odometer…
2. Um, he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.
3. Oh, he’s very popular Ed. The sport’os, the motor-heads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waste’oids, dweebies, dickheads – they all adore him. They think he’s a righteous dude
4. You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much. People think she’s a whore.
5. The question isn’t “what are we going to do,” the question is “what aren’t we going to do?
6. The Sausage King of Chicago?
7. Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
8. Ferris Bueller, you’re my hero.
9. Incredible, one of the worst performances of my career and they never doubted it for a second….How can I possibly be expected to handle school on a day like this?…This is my ninth sick day this semester. It’s pretty tough coming up with new illnesses. If I go for ten, I’m probably going to have to barf up a lung, so I better make this one count.
10. Gummi bear? It’s been in my pocket; they’re real warm and soft.