….because let’s face it, buying gifts for kids isn’t the easiest thing ever, especially when your kids have absolutely everything already (read: last Christmas). So let’s tackle this together and make this the best Christmas holiday ever!
We all want the best for our kids, but sometimes pleasing them can be…less than pleasing. When it comes to gifts we rack our brain to try and think of something different, find something that’s not over-the-top, keep it fun and sneak in something practical. It’s no easy feat. We’ve rounded up our favorite Christmas gift ideas for boys and girls in 2017 (or any time of year, really).
1. New Hatchimals CollEGGtibles For Christmas 2017 – Buy It Here For $10
A 4-pack of mini Hatchimals (there are over 70 little CollEGGtibles to collect in the Season One release, including a rare limited edition). Rub the heart and when it changes from purple to pink, gently press and crack your egg. The best news? No batteries required. Hooray!
2. The New Teddy Ruxpin for 2017 – Buy It Here For $99
He’s baaaack! So this is the toy people are already losing their mind over. This is the Teddy Ruxpin of the Digital Age. Read the full review of the new Teddy Ruxpin here.
3. Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty – Buy It Here For $16
Thinking Putty comes in different colors, illusions, glow-in-the-dark, heat-sensitive, (remember Hyper-Color shirts?!) and more. Stretch it, roll it, and bounce it. Sure, it’s sort of a toy, but the satisfying addictiveness and stress relief is a total win.
4. Fingerlings Interactive Baby Monkey – Buy It Here For $15
Well here they are folks, one of the hottest new toys this year! These cute little tiny interactive monkeys latch on to your finger, respond to sound, motion and touch by blinking their eyes, moving their head, and talking in cute monkey talk. They also come in brown, turquoise, blue, pink, purple, and white.
5. The Giving Tree Hardcover Book for Kids – Buy It Here For $9
6. MyBookmark Handmade Bookmark – Buy It Here For $23
These cute, handmade bookmarks come in Christmas themed characters, as well as some of their favorite literary characters. Because who doesn’t want a Harry Potter, or Dorothy’s ruby slippers or peeking out of their book?
7. The Cutest Emoji Pillow – Buy It Here For $13
8. Janod Balance Scooter-Bike in Mint Green – Buy It Here For $114
How cool is this?! Perfect for kids aged 3-5 years old to help them get ready to learn how to ride a bike.
9. For Those Who Love To Take Pics: Fujifilm Instax Mini – Buy It Here For $90
What’s better than taking pictures? Getting them developed immediately! Grab some extra film, here.
10. The Best Selling Game of the Year: The Pie Face Game – Buy It Here For $15
Family fun for everyone when mom or dad get a whipped cream pie to the face! Plus, if you’re noticed everyone on Facebook is uploading videos of this. Go viral.
11. All New Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Buy It Here For $50
Because, yes, even your kids want to ask Alexa a ton of question. Eh, better her than you!
12. Emoji Gumball Machine with Starter Gumballs – Buy It Here For $10
So many emoji faces, so little time.
13. LuvaBella Baby Doll (Interactive) for 2017 – Buy It Here For $99
What some are saying will be the new “Hatchimal,” LuvaBella, is the cutest (and creepiest?) interactive baby doll that laughs, learns words, eats, drinks, sleeps, plays, and gives super-real facial and eye expressions. Read the full LuvaBella doll review here.
14. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II – Buy It Here For $18
15. The Most Unique Lego People/Figures EVER – Buy It Here For $10
…because who doesn’t want an Abe Lincoln Lego person? Or a guy dressed up as a hot dog?! Shark? Robot? The choices are endless.
16. iPhone Charger Sticker Faces Set – Buy It Here For $13
Because plain chargers are just so, ugh!
17. The Original (and New Glittery) Hatchimals Egg (Interactive) – Buy It Here For $60
For real this has been one of the biggest secret toys all year after everyone went nuts for it at the 2016 Toy Fair. There are a bunch of different ‘eggs’ you can buy that are all interactive, your kids can care for them, and then suddenly they hatch with a surprise animal inside. How cool! With Hatchimal names like owlicorn, penguala, and draggles we can only assume these guys are a mix of owl-unicorns, penguin-koalas, and…uh…dog fraggles?
18. DIY Kaleidoscope Set for Kids – Buy It Here For $40
Keep ’em busy for an hour or two as they put together their very own kaleidoscope. Learning + toys = fun.
19. View-Master Virtual Reality Viewers for Kids – Buy It Here For $18
Because your kids won’t believe their eyes! This hi-tech View-Master has come a long way since when we were kids. #Lucky
20. Hysterical ‘Speak Out’ Board Game from Hasbro – Buy It Here For $18
Lolz for days. Players simply put in a game mouthpiece, pick a card, and try to say the phrase on the card until someone guesses it. You look funny while being funny. It’s a win-win.
21. The Mega Prank Kit – Buy It Here For $35
Bring it back to easy basics with this classic joke set your kids will love to play on you and their unsuspecting friends. Frankly we’re just happy it’s not somehow connected to Wi-Fi or part of an app.
22. Lite-Brite New-and-Improved – Buy It Here For $22
…because you’ll have just as much fun reliving your youth as they’ll have playing and creating all over again.
23. Waring Professional Snow Cone Maker – Buy It Here For $70
The kids will enjoy snow cones as much as they like all year round. This one is pretty much a top of the line pro (for personal use) and puts the Snoopy Snow Cone Maker you had as a child to shame.
24. SELFIE Mic Music-Set in Black & Gold – Buy It Here For $10
Lucky for you, new songs are added every day! Let your little ones become the stars they know they are. What’s better than combining a selfie-stick with a microphone? You’re welcome.
25. My Geek Box Monthly Kids Subscription Box – Buy It Here For $23
A mystery subscription box filled with fun and educational goodies for girls & boys ages 5-11!
26. Micro Kickboard Mini2Go 3-in-1 Scooter – Buy It Here For $130
And it also comes in pink too!
27. Electric Light Blocks – Buy It Here For $30
Add the blocks to the (battery or usb powered) base and each one lights up when connected! Comes in a set of 36 or 102.
28. Mini Basketball Hoop – Buy It Here For $30
Includes door mounts, and all tools necessary for set up. Comes with a ball and shatterproof backboard.
29. Best “Spring it Forward” Gift for Kids: Collapsable Pale & Shovel – Buy It Here For $15
Because they’re over sweaters and puffy jackets already, so get them something to look forward to this spring and summer. Plus, this totally comes in handy if you’re taking the kids away during school vacation (super easy to pack).
30. Star Wars Furbacca Furby – Buy It Here For $48
Because, let’s face it, the kids (and adults) are obsessed with all things Star Wars this year…and every year. For always.
31. Pacific Play Tents ‘Wildflower’ Cotton Teepee for Kids – Buy It Here For $207
Let them play and imagine all day in their very own teepee! Check out this one that’s more boy-friendly too!
32. Create Your Very Own Comic Book – Buy It Here For $30
The perfect DIY gift for kids to draw, illustrate and create their very own comic book. Once completed, send it in and you’ll get it back looking professional!
33. Cozmo the Toy Robot by Anki – Buy It Here For $180
The insanely cool and super cute toy robot that’s as close to a real-life friend you can get. Cozmo learns more about you the more you hang out with it, like facial recognition, your name, and has hundreds of emotions.
34. Googly Eyes Drawing Game for the Whole Family – Buy It Here For $13
Simply put on some vision-altering goggles, start drawing, and have your team try to guess what exactly it is that you’re drawing. We used to play this in college with beer goggles, but this is the kid-friendly version and really fun for the whole fam.
35. Portable Tabletop Tennis Game for Kids – Buy It Here For $40
Play it at home or take it on the road and keep the kiddos entertained for hours at a time.
36. Giant Stuffed Animal Giraffe – Buy It Here For $395
Because it’s the enormous life-like stuffed animal we always wanted as a kid.
37. The Exploding Kittens Card Game (that everyone is talking about) – Buy It Here For $20
Because, literally, everyone in the country is obsessed with this game. And so are we!
38. Super Cute Pokemon Plushie Stuffed Animals – Buy It Here Starting at $20
So many Pokemon options, so little time!
39. When you need to ship long distance: Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops – Buy It Here For $35
Eight cake pops are are hand-dipped in white, milk or dark Belgian chocolate and decorated with a variety of colorful candies and confection drizzle.
40. Mr Potato Head as Captain America – Buy It Here For $18
More Gift Ideas:
Best Gifts for Her This Christmas 2017
Top Gifts for Dad in 2017
The Best Fidget Spinners to Help Ease Anxiety (And Where to Buy ‘Em)
The Complete Guide for Best Gift Ideas in 2017
The Hottest Toys for This Christmas