….because let’s face it, buying gifts for kids isn’t the easiest thing ever, especially when your kids have absolutely everything already (read: last Christmas). So let’s tackle this together and make this the best Valentine’s Day ever!
We all want the best for our kids, but sometimes pleasing them can be…less than pleasing. When it comes to gifts we rack our brain to try and think of something different, find something that’s not over-the-top, keep it fun and sneak in something practical. It’s no easy feat. We’ve rounded up our Valentine’s Day gift ideas for boys and girls in 2017 (or any time of year, really).
1. Emoji Pillow – Buy It Here For $13
2. The Best Selling Game of the Year: The Pie Face Game – Buy It Here For $15
Family fun for everyone when mom or dad get a whipped cream pie to the face! Plus, if you’re noticed everyone on Facebook is uploading videos of this. Go viral.
3. Emoji Gumball Machine with Starter Gumballs – Buy It Here For $20
So many emoji faces, so little time. 😍 😜 😂
4. Baghera Metal Push-Car Airplane for Kids – Buy It Here For $200
Because, this really is one of the coolest gifts ever. Retro FTW!
5. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II – Buy It Here For $18
6. The Most Unique Lego People/Figures EVER – Buy It Here For $10
…because who doesn’t want an Abe Lincoln Lego person? Or a guy dressed up as a hot dog?! Shark? Robot? The choices are endless.
7. iPhone Charger Sticker Faces Set – Buy It Here For $13
Because plain chargers are just so, ugh!
8. In case you missed the Christmas boat, The Toy Everyone is Talking About This Year: Hatchimals Egg (Interactive) – Buy It Here For $80
For real this has been one of the biggest secret toys all year after everyone went nuts for it at the 2016 Toy Fair. There are a bunch of different ‘eggs’ you can buy that are all interactive, your kids can care for them, and then suddenly they hatch with a surprise animal inside. How cool! With Hatchimal names like owlicorn, penguala, and draggles we can only assume these guys are a mix of owl-unicorns, penguin-koalas, and…uh…dog fraggles?
9. DIY Kaleidoscope Set for Kids – Buy It Here For $40
Keep ’em busy for an hour or two as they put together their very own kaleidoscope. Learning + toys = fun.
10. View-Master Virtual Reality Viewers for Kids – Buy It Here For $18
Because your kids won’t believe their eyes! This hi-tech View-Master has come a long way since when we were kids. #Lucky
11. Hysterical ‘Speak Out’ Board Game from Hasbro – Buy It Here For $18
Lolz for days. Players simply put in a game mouthpiece, pick a card, and try to say the phrase on the card until someone guesses it. You look funny while being funny. It’s a win-win.
12. The Mega Prank Kit – Buy It Here For $35
Bring it back to easy basics with this classic joke set your kids will love to play on you and their unsuspecting friends. Frankly we’re just happy it’s not somehow connected to Wi-Fi or part of an app.
13. Lite-Brite New-and-Improved – Buy It Here For $25
…because you’ll have just as much fun reliving your youth as they’ll have playing and creating all over again.
14. Waring Professional Snow Cone Maker – Buy It Here For $70
The kids will enjoy snow cones as much as they like all year round. This one is pretty much a top of the line pro (for personal use) and puts the Snoopy Snow Cone Maker you had as a child to shame.
15. ‘Here To Steal Hearts’ for Kids – Buy It Here For $28
16. SELFIE Mic Music-Set in Black & Gold – Buy It Here For $13
Lucky for you, new songs are added every day! Let your little ones become the stars they know they are. What’s better than combining a selfie-stick with a microphone? You’re welcome.
17. Surprise Ride Monthly Activity Delivery – Buy It Here For $24.99/month
We’ve bought this one for 3 years in a row. Each month your child will receive a new activity delivered right to your door where they can learn about a new topic, build something, read something, eat something and just plain-old create.
18. Micro Kickboard Mini2Go 3-in-1 Scooter – Buy It Here For $130
This three-in-one scooter also comes in pink for girls (or boys, really)
19. Electric Light Blocks – Buy It Here For $30
Add the blocks to the (battery or usb powered) base and each one lights up when connected! Comes in a set of 36 or 102.
20. IDO-3D Vertical Five Pen 3D Art Set – Buy It Here For $28
3D-draw super cool 3D creations on the fly or follow the guidebook to learn how to make the coolest art pieces ever.
21. Best “Spring it Forward” Gift for Kids: Collapsable Pale & Shovel – Buy It Here For $15
Because they’re over sweaters and puffy jackets already, so get them something to look forward to this spring and summer. Plus, this totally comes in handy if you’re taking the kids away during school vacation (super easy to pack).
22. Star Wars Furbacca Furby – Buy It Here For $59
Because, let’s face it, the kids (and adults) are obsessed with all things Star Wars this year…and every year. For always.
23. Pacific Play Tents ‘Wildflower’ Cotton Teepee for Kids – Buy It Here For $226
Let them play and imagine all day in their very own teepee! Check out this one that’s more boy-friendly too!
24. Create Your Very Own Comic Book – Buy It Here For $30
The perfect DIY gift for kids to draw, illustrate and create their very own comic book. Once completed, send it in and you’ll get it back looking professional!
25. Cozmo the Toy Robot by Anki – Buy It Here For $180
The insanely cool and super cute toy robot that’s as close to a real-life friend you can get. Cozmo learns more about you the more you hang out with it, like facial recognition, your name, and has hundreds of emotions.
26. Googly Eyes Drawing Game for the Whole Family – Buy It Here For $18
Simply put on some vision-altering goggles, start drawing, and have your team try to guess what exactly it is that you’re drawing. We used to play this in college with beer goggles, but this is the kid-friendly version and really fun for the whole fam.
27. Portable Tabletop Tennis Game for Kids – Buy It Here For $40
Play it at home or take it on the road and keep the kiddos entertained for hours at a time.
28. Giant Stuffed Animal Giraffe – Buy It Here For $395
Because it’s the enormous life-like stuffed animal we always wanted as a kid.
29. The Exploding Kittens Card Game (that everyone is talking about) – Buy It Here For $20
Because, literally, everyone in the country is obsessed with this game. And so are we!