…because there are a lot of denim options out there so shop our top 14 picks for mens jeans this fall 2017 and show up to any event looking right.
We’re throwing the “rule book” out the window that claims you can only wear light colored jeans in the spring and summer. We weren’t great following rules anyway. But, since we’re craving all things ‘fall’, light-to-dark washed denim looks great if you’re heading to the office or out on that date you’ve been nervously waiting to go on. And sometimes an event requires something darker. We’ve got you covered there too. The only rule we do try to follow is that your jeans should fit…and fit well. Toss out anything you have that’s labeled anything like: baggy, boxy, extra relaxed. And toss out anything that Kris Kross sported in 1991. You know the ones. We’re not saying you need to go the skinny route (but go for it if you can), but slim-to-straight-legged is a fit you usually can’t go wrong with. This fall-into-winter season you’re going to see a lot of traditional dark denim, some cool washed-out grays, and some lighter picks too. Oh, and, yes, sometimes they’re ripped and, well, sometimes that’s ok. Take a look:
1. The Unbranded Brand ‘UB101’ Raw Selvedge Indigo Jeans – Buy It Here For $82
2. J. Crew ‘Driggs’ Slim Fit Dark Denim Jeans For Fall – Buy It Here For $40
3. AG ‘Protege’ Straight Leg Jeans – Buy It Here For $185
4. Diesel ‘Safado’ Worked In Jeans – Buy It Here For $198
5. Diesel ‘Thommer’ Slim-Fit Jeans in Grey – Buy It Here For $132
6. Topman Black Washed Denim Jeans – Buy It Here For $40
7. Levi’s 511 Slim Fit Jeans in Over-Dyed Indigo Blue Denim – Buy It Here For $60
8. Rag & Bone Standard Issue Jeans – Buy It Here For $210
9. AG Jeans in Matchbox Slim Fit – Buy It Here For $178
10. J. Crew Factory Sutton Jeans in Light Wash for Early Fall 2017 – Buy It Here For $35
11. Mavi Jeans ‘James’ Skinny Fit Jeans in Vintage Denim – Buy It Here For $118
12. Rag & Bone Standard Issue ‘Fit 3’ Slim/Straight Leg Denim – Buy It Here For $175
13. Levi’s 511 Light Denim Jeans for Men – Buy It Here For $90
14. J. Crew Dark Wash ‘Sutton’ Denim Men’s Jeans – Buy It Here For $40
Still Undecided? More Designer Jeans This Way!
How to Figure Out the Best Fitting Jeans for You:
There are a ton of different styles and fits out there and while it’s easy to choose by color (you already know what you like!) it can be way more difficult to figure out what all the different ‘fits’ are all about. Are you more of a skinny jeans guy? More of a slim-fit guy? A traditional straight-fit denim wearer? Who the hell knows?! We broke down the real differences between the most popular fits so you can finally sport the ones that’ll look and feel the best on you.
Straight Fit: A traditional straight cut right from the knees down to the ankle. Straight fit jeans are typically a bit more fitted to your body (don’t worry, they’re usually not tight or anything) than relaxed fit and provide some room in the butt and thighs. If you don’t want to look like you’re wearing baggy jeans, but don’t want them stuck to your body, these are the ones for you.
Slim Fit: Here’s the difference with slim fit. Yes they’re a little more form-fitting, but they look great for any age and not like you’re trying too hard. You don’t have to be skinny to wear these, but an average body type totally will work with these. Sometimes we toss in an extra run during the week just so we can fit into these (and by “sometimes” we mean “we did it once.”). Slim fit tapers right below the knee for a bit of a more narrow leg opening. These are also perfect when you want to rock a cuff or, dare we say, a classic tight-roll.
Skinny Fit: We pretty much blame all guys freaking out of which jeans to buy on “the skinny fit.” These will typically be extra fitted in the butt and thighs and pretty tight at the knees and ankle. The skinny fit is going to have a super narrow leg opening. Here’s the deal with these. We feel like most people can’t sport this look and anyone over a certain age may want to think twice about going the truly skinny fit. I mean, do it if you. We just can’t. We tried. We didn’t get them over our knees and fell over in the dressing room.
More Style & Fashion:
20 Beards & Beard Styles for Men
Top 10 Mens Wallets & Card Holders
12+ Dark to Light Denim Jeans for Men in Style This 2017
Trendy Mens Shoes From Formal to Dress
Top Mens Fashion 2018