…because it’s time to retire the Drakkar and Old Spice and up your smelling game. It’s a complicated scent-field out there so we’ve chosen our top 24 cologne for men this season. There’s the classics, the newbies, the risk takers…and there’s the perfect scent for you. Shop our picks for the best men’s cologne for 2020.
1. Chanel “Bleu De Chanel” Cologne Spray – Check Price Here
New for the season, we’re totally loving this cologne and not just because it’s one of the newest best-sellers. It’s the perfect cologne for fall (and winter) due to its woodsy notes that blend citrus to make it crisp, clean, and is sure to star turning heads.
2. Dior ‘Sauvage’ Eau de Toilette – Check Price Here
Top notes of Reggio di Calabria bergamot. Middle notes of Sichuan pepper and a base of ambroxan. Perfect for any time of year, really. One of the best sellers so far this year and winner of many magazine awards for men’s cologne.
3. Tom Ford Private Blend ‘Oud Wood’ Cologne – Check Price Here
Sure it’s on the more expensive, but totally worth it. A great mix of oud wood, rosewood, sandalwood, tonka bean, and amber.
4. A New Cologne Every Month: Scentbird Monthly Cologne Subscription Box – Buy It Here For $15/month
Who wouldn’t dig a new cologne to try every month!? Choose from over 150 cologne brands and test-drive it for the entire month based on 4 sprays per day. #Math
5. Maison Martin Margiela “Replica – Jazz Club” Men’s Cologne – Check Price Here
Our new “go-to” for cologne this fall. Experience the base notes of vanilla and tobacco leaf mixed with top notes of pink pepper, lemon and neroli oil. This scent is super distinct, yet not overpowering, but will always catch your attention.
6. Paco Rabanne ‘1 Million’ Cologne – Check Price Here
Genius top notes of peppermint and mandarin with base notes of leather and amber make 1 Million one of our new faves this season.
7. Creed ‘Aventus’ Fragrance – Check Price Here
One of the most popular cologne lines from Creed, experience base notes of Spanish oak moss, ambergris, and French vanilla.
8. Versace ‘Eros’ de Toilette – Check Price Here
This masculine scent makes the perfect cologne for any time of year, really. We love the scents of cedarwood, mint leaves, Italian lemon zest, tonka beans, and vanilla.
9. Editor’s Pick: Clean ‘Shower Fresh for Men’ – Check Price Here
Our favorite summer-into-fall transition cologne or the go-to when you need a quick freshening up post gym…on the way to happy hour. We can’t tell you the amount of compliments we receive with this one and, well, we like that.
10. Top Seller: Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf – Check Price Here
Very masculine scent and comforting for cooler fall nights, Spicebomb has been become one of the top selling colognes for men this year. Plus the bottle is basically art.
11. Le Labo ‘Santal 33’ Unisex Cologne – Check Price Here
Yes it’s unisex, but don’t freak out. This is one of the best-sellers this year from men and women. This cologne has notes of sandalwood, leather, cedarwood, iris, and violet accord. See, now that’s not so bad is it?
12. Prada ‘L’Homme Prada’ Cologne – Check Price Here
A refreshing scent that brilliantly mixes the airy notes with masculine woodsy tones. Top notes include iris and amber, while base notes include geranium and patchouli.
13. Jo Malone London ‘Wood Sage & Sea Salt’ Cologne – Check Price Here
Notes of bergamot, sea salt, driftwood, white musk, and sage. One of the best-sellers (so far) in 2018.
14. Maison Margiela ‘Replica by the Fireplace’ – Check Price Here
You really can’t go wrong with almost anything ‘Replica.” This one (By the Fireplace) is perfect for those crisp fall nights and winter days that have intoxicating scents of burning wood and chestnut. You can also layer Replica with their other colognes and scents to pretty much make your own signature scent.
15. Versace Man ‘Eau Fraiche’ Cologne – Check Price Here
16. Hermès Terre d’Hermés Cologne – Check Price Here
One of the top selling men’s cologne this season. A woody masculine scent with notes of grapefruit, mineral and green notes.
17. Prada ‘Luna Rossa’ Cologne – Check Price Here
Top notes of peaceful lavender. Middle notes of spearmint and sage and base notes of wood and amber.
18. Valentino ‘Uomo’ Fragrance – Check Price Here
Soft, smokey, and woody makes Uomo the perfect cologne to transition from summer into fall.
19. Jimmy Choo ‘Man’ – Check Price Here
Intoxicating notes of mandarin, suede, amber, and pineapple leaves.
20. Best Kept Secret: Issey Miyake Cologne – Check Price Here
This cologne has a fresh yet warm, woody scent accented with spicy notes.
21. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne – Check Price Here
Sporty and masculine with notes of tonka bean and Moroccan cypress.
22. Yves Saint Laurent ‘La Nuit de l’Homme’ Cologne – Check Price Here
Masculine, bright and fresh with curious notes of cardamom, cedar, and courmarin.
23. The Classic Standby: Acqua di Gio – Check Price Here
The good old classic standby; transparent, aromatic, and woody in nature combined with marine notes, fruits, herbs, and woods.
24. No 1. Most Expensive Cologne Ever: Clive Christian ‘No 1’ – Check Price Here
Named ‘the most expensive cologne in the world’ this little number has a 4,000 year old history that was used to draw soul-mates together.
Still Undecided? Shop from the Best-Selling Cologne Right Now at Sephora.com!
Before You Go:
Best Perfumes for Women in 2020
Reviews of Beard Trimmers in 2020
2020 Beauty Tips & Products
New 2020 Cologne Brands for Guys
Cool Beard Style Inspiration from Hollywood
The Complete Mens Fashion Guide
Best Self Tanners For Light to Dark Skin 2020
The Ultimate Gadget Guide for Guys & Gals
The Coolest Wireless Headphones We Swear By in 2020