…because it’s time to retire the Drakkar and Old Spice and up your smelling game. It’s a complicated scent-field out there so we’ve chosen our top 17 cologne for men this winter season. There’s the classics, the newbies, the risk takers…and there’s the perfect scent for you. Shop our picks for the best men’s cologne for 2017.
1. Maison Martin Margiela “Replica – Jazz Club” Men’s Cologne – Buy It Here For $125
Our new “go-to” for cologne this fall-into-winter. Experience the base notes of vanilla and tobacco leaf mixed with top notes of pink pepper, lemon and neroli oil. This scent is super distinct, yet not overpowering, but will always catch your attention.
2. Tom Ford ‘Tobacco Vanille’ for Men – Buy It Here For $220
Masculine notes of ginger, tobacco leaves, vanilla, anise, coriander and more.
3. New Prada ‘L’Homme Prada’ Cologne – Buy It Here For $78
A refreshing scent that brilliantly mixes the airy notes with masculine woodsy tones. Top notes include iris and amber, while base notes include geranium and patchouli.
4. Dior ‘Sauvage’ Eau de Toilette – Buy It Here For $65
Top notes of Reggio di Calabria bergamot. Middle notes of Sichuan pepper and a base of ambroxan. Perfect for any time of year, really. One of the best sellers so far this year and winner of many magazine awards for men’s cologne.
5. Creed ‘Aventus’ Fragrance – Buy It Here For $210
One of the most popular cologne lines from Creed, experience base notes of Spanish oak moss, ambergris, and French vanilla.
6. Hermès Terre d’Hermés Cologne – Buy It Here For $128
One of the top selling men’s cologne this season. A woody masculine scent with notes of grapefruit, mineral and green notes.
7. Burberry ‘Mr. Burberry’ Eau de Toilette – Buy It Here For $88
Introducing a new(ish) scent from Burberry that encapsulates notes of grapefruit, birch leaf, cedarwood, and vetiver.
8. Editor’s Pick: Clean ‘Shower Fresh for Men’ – Buy It Here For $74
Our favorite summer-into-fall transition cologne or the go-to when you need a quick freshening up post gym…on the way to happy hour. We can’t tell you the amount of compliments we receive with this one and, well, we like that.
9. A New Cologne Every Month: Scentbird Monthly Cologne Subscription Box – Buy It Here For $15/month
Who wouldn’t dig a new cologne to try every month!? Choose from over 150 cologne brands and test-drive it for the entire month based on 4 sprays per day. #Math
10. Prada ‘Luna Rossa’ Cologne – Buy It Here For $58
Top notes of peaceful lavender. Middle notes of spearmint and sage and base notes of wood and amber.
11. Valentino ‘Uomo’ Fragrance – Buy It Here For $68
Soft, smokey, and woody makes Uomo the perfect cologne to transition from summer into fall.
12. Top Seller: Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf – Buy It Here For $81
Very masculine scent and comforting for cooler fall nights, Spicebomb has been become one of the top selling colognes for men this year. Plus the bottle is basically art.
13. Best Kept Secret: Issey Miyake Cologne – Buy It Here For $68
This cologne has a fresh yet warm, woody scent accented with spicy notes.
14. Yves Saint Laurent ‘La Nuit de l’Homme’ Cologne – Buy It Here For $63
Masculine, bright and fresh with curious notes of cardamom, cedar, and courmarin.
15. The Classic Standby: Acqua di Gio – Buy It Here For $82
The good old classic standby; transparent, aromatic, and woody in nature combined with marine notes, fruits, herbs, and woods.
16. CLEAN Black Leather (New) – Buy It Here For $76
New from CLEAN for Fall 2016, this crisp seasonal cologne has spicy top notes of bergamot and black peppercorn with subtle additions of spearmint and violet leaf.
17. No 1. Most Expensive Cologne Ever: Clive Christian ‘No 1’ – Buy It Here For $865
Named ‘the most expensive cologne in the world’ this little number has a 4,000 year old history that was used to draw soul-mates together.
Before You Go:
Best Perfumes for Women in 2017
Reviews of Beard Trimmers in 2017
2017 Beauty Tips & Products
New 2017 Cologne Brands for Guys
Cool Beard Style Inspiration from Hollywood
The Complete Mens Fashion Guide
Best Self Tanners For Light to Dark Skin 2017