Hello Kitty is turning 40 and just about every day there is some new scandal about that little minx. This time around, to help celebrate Hello Kitty’s (or “Hola Gato” for our Spanish speaking readers) big 4-0, famed chef Roy Choi from the Line Hotel in Koreatown has created Hello Kitty Spam Musubi. “But what is this made up of?” asked no one.
- Sushi rice slammed into a Hello Kitty recognizable shape
- A musubi press is then filled with rice and Spam
- Nori is used to make the whiskers and the eyes
- Yellow pepper for the nose
- Red pepper is carved out and used as Kitty’s trademark bow
Personally I can’t wait for the day when Chef Roy Choi expands his practice and goes for the Scooby Doo tempura made with hot dogs and re-fried beans. #DreamBig