The untrained eye cannot typically tell the difference between a mountain bike and a road bike. Yet the two are as different as a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. One is designed to handle sketchy terrain (typically unpaved environments) and is specifically built for tough trails and paths that contain rocks, logs, and branch type obstacles. The other is more suited for going fast on open roads in a fitness or competition environment. The latter is also best on paved roads for optimal speed and doesn’t feature (sometimes inappropriate and clunky) additional rear suspension. But what is right for a pseudo-suit on the move in 2015? The following five bikes are the years top road choices on two wheels!
1. BH Quartz Disc (image courtesy of BH Bikes) – Buy it here for $3,598
2. Grade Carbon 105 (image courtesy of GT Bicycles) – Buy it here for $2,599
3. NORCO Search (photo courtesy of NORCO Bicycles) – Find a dealer here
4. BMC SLR03 (photo courtesy of BMC) – Buy it here for $1,698
5. Moots Routt 45 (photo courtesy of Moots Cycles) – Buy it here for $3,895