There comes a time in your life when you sit down, quiet yourself, and come to terms with the fact that you have to do what Oprah tell you to do. It’s the law, I believe. At least biblically speaking. We all know Oprah’s favorite drink is the Moscow Mule and soon after I headed out to San Diego circa 2012 and sampled one it became my favorite drink of all time. In fact, it’s most likely the best thing in my life at all. More on this later. Plus: Check out these super cool copper Moscow Mule mugs so you can tend bar at home.
How to Make a Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces of Vodka (tip: 2 to 4 second pour. 4 seconds if you like it strong, like Oprah)
- 1/2 ounce of lime juice
- 5 – 6 ounces of ginger beer (tip: Get the ginger beer that has alcohol in it, many do not. I know!)
- 1 lime wedge
- Ice cubes (Duh)
- Pour the lime juice and vodka into your copper mug with a few ice cubes
- Fill the rest of the mug with your favorite ginger beer
- Slightly squeeze the lime wedge into your drink and toss in the remainder of the lime
- Stir with a spoon or stirring rod if you’re feeling fancy
- Speak Oprah’s name aloud and genuflect
The key to success in making your Moscow Mule is the copper mug. Copper. Mug. Life. Changing. If you don’t have a copper mug don’t even bother making this. For real. Invest in a set of 4 copper mugs for around $100 and drink everything out of them. If it tastes like pennies you bought the cheap ones. Start over.