The geniuses at Cut Video are at it again and this time they’ve trapped us in a time machine of men’s hairstyles and haircuts over the past 100 years. While many of these you may never be caught dead in, in 2020 you can always take inspiration and ideas from the past. Let’s face it, the 1940’s have been in our face for the past 3 years.
1. The 1910’s Hairstyle: The Classic Pringles-Man Haircut with Equally Creepy ‘Stache
How to Get It: Keep the length the same on the top and the sides and use an oil-based gel and small toothed comb to form a high part and comb the rest tightly to the left (or right).
2. The 1920’s Hairstyle: Split Down the Middle
How to Get It: Similar to the 1910’s not much was going on and creativity was at an all-time low so the part moved from the side to the middle. Use a small toothed comb (preferably with a long pointy handle) and split it down the middle and slick to the left and right.
3. The 1930’s Haircut: A Slight Wave with a Slight ‘Stache
How to Get It: Grow out the top a bit and keep the area just above the sideburns cropped a bit tighter. Lighten up on the gel and let your wave shine through.
4. The 1940’s Hairstyle: Introducing the Pompadour
How to Get It: Keep the sides a bit shorter than the grown-out top. Lightly towel dry the top and use a pomade (dime-size in your hand and rub together to warm it up) and style upwards with your fingers. See you later, comb!
5. The 1950’s Hairstyle: Slick Those Sides
How to Get It: Dry the top, gel the sides back with a comb. In other words, don’t do this.
6. The 1960’s Haircut: Half-Shag-Half-Bowl-Cut
How to Get It: No words.
7. The 1970’s Haircut: The Faux-Jesus
How to Get It: Grow it out, wash it, and let it air dry. Go on about your business.
8. The 1980’s Hairstyle: The Gel-Back
How to Get It: Simply use a comb, some gel and then just slick it the hell back. Personally we think you’ll like you should be strumming a guitar in the Simply Irresistible video, but that’s just us.
9. The 1990’s Hairstyle: The Grown-Out ‘Rachel’
How to Get It: Grow “The Rachel” and then start to grow it out, blow-dry it, and scrunch with your fingers.
10. The 2000’s Hairstyle: Living the Vida Y2K Loca
How to Get It: Keep the side super-short (buzz with trimmers) and then (are you ready?) use a hair straightener on the top and a wax stick. If you get stuck, tweet at Seacrest for tips and tricks.
11. 2016 Men’s Hairstyle: The Man-Bun
How to Get It: Grow hair. Be secure in your masculinity. Repeat.