The Quick Take
Take a quick look at the top three picks this month before you scroll down to check out the rest!
Looking to change up or brighten the shade of your hair, but don’t want to head to the salon? Many hair color brands offer semi-permanent and demi-permanent color treatments. These are a gentler (and more non-commital) alternative to permanent coloring. First, let’s go over the difference between semi and demi.
Semi-permanent doesn’t contain peroxide…meaning it can only cover what is lighter than it. Demi-permanent has a bit of peroxide (typically between 5 and 15 volume), which can help to lift the color and soften grays ever so slightly. In other words, demi will leave a line of demarcation while semi will rinse out over several washes. Below are some great options to try at home. Keep in mind that some are sold as kits, while others (particularly professional brands) will require a developer, which determines the potency. Here is our list of 10, which includes every color under the sun. Teal anyone?
1. Clairol Natural Instincts Semi-Permanent Hair Color – Shop It Here
2. Dark and Lovely Fade Resistant Rich Conditioning Color – Shop It Here
3. Iroiro Premium Natural Semi-Permanent Hair Color – Shop It Here
4. Manic Panic Amplified – Shop It Here
5. One ‘N Only Argan Oil Hair Color Perfect Intensity – Shop It Here
6. Joico Vero K-PAK Color Intensity Semi-Permanent Hair Color – Shop It Here
7. Ion Color Brilliance Master Colorist Series Demi Permanent Creme Hair Color – Shop It Here
8. Umberto Beverly Hills U Color Italian Demi Hair Color – Shop It Here
9. Wella Color Charm Demi Permanent Haircolor – Shop It Here
10. Goldwell Colorance Demi Color Acid Semi-Permanent Hair Color – Shop It Here
More Fun Stuff:
Hair Needs A Little Oomph? Grab One Of These Hair Texturizers
End The Itching With These Tea Tree Shampoos
Hanacure Promo Code Offers & New Beauty Essentials
The Best Gift Ideas For Her (Girlfriend or Wife) This Year
Everlane Coupon Codes & Promo Sales Event!
Here’s What to Gift Your Teenager This Christmas