Summer sun and fun requires some extra care for your hair. Heat, sweat, humidity, sun, salt and chlorine create special needs all their own; very different from the cold & dry of winter we just left behind. There’s nothing sexy about a greasy oil spill on your head. You need to tweak your shampooing routine to avoid such issues.
Here’s our list of the best summer hair & scalp cleansing options to keep you looking fine and squeaky clean all summer long. For all the fun of summer sports: sun, salt, beach and poolside living try these shampoos to help keep your mane in shape.
Also check out our favorite Tea Tree shampoos for itchy scalp.
1. Davines SU After Sun Shampoo – Buy It For $24
- This product also doubles as a body wash as well – double your pleasure, double your fun.
2. Phytoplage After-Sun Rehydrating Hair & Body Shampoo – Buy It For $24
3. Klorane with Citrus Pulp Clarifying Shampoo – Buy It For $20
- If your hair is not dry but not overly oily with a normal healthy scalp and you shampoo every day to every other day try this basic but high quality shampoo to keep your hair looking clean & healthy. This is a no fuss, no muss go to product for oily hair.
4. Oribe Signature Shampoo – Buy It For $42
5. Komenuka Bijin Daily Hair Shampoo – Buy It For $26
6. Kiehls Amino Acid Shampoo – Buy It For $40
- Some of us need a little extra help in the hair department, and in the summer heat especially we can get a little slick in the scalp dept. For those boys needing a thorough washing to get rid of oil, sweat, dirt & grime.
7. Klorane with Nettle Shampoo for Oily Hair – Buy It For $20
8. Davines Rebalancing Shampoo – Buy It For $27
9. Klorane with Nettle for Oily Hair Dry Shampoo – Buy It For $20
- Special mention: sometimes you need an extra boost of clean in between showers on a particularly hot & steamy day. Sometimes you don’t have time to take that extra needed shower between work/ gym/ going out. Sometimes you’re just too damn lazy to get involved with a full shower & shampoo.