Ok kids, it’s time to put down the electronics. In a world where kids (and adults!) are way too busy staring at their screens, there’s nothing better than a family game night. You know, with actual board games, kids! And don’t sweat it if it’s a 2 player game and you’ve got 5 players. Enter “brackets” a la March Madness, where the winner of each match advances. Below are 21 games (both old school and new), to add to your collection for game night. They also make a great gift. Check out our picks from the marathon-esque Monopoly and Life to the fast-paced Tenzi and Square Up.
1. ThinkFun Zingo – Check It Out Here For $20
A picture bingo game that incorporates speed as well as matching. Be the first one to grab the matching tile once it’s revealed! Two levels of play.
2. Mindware Square Up – Check It Out Here For $24
See who the best problem solver in the family is! There’s always that one person who’s virtually unbeatable.
3. Apples to Apples – Check It Out Here For $20
Choose the card from your hand that you think is best defines the card played by the judge. If the judge picks your card, you win that round. It’s always fun to try and convince the judge that going to the dentist really is appetizing. Wait, what?
4. The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game – Check It Out Here For $17
A great game for younger kids. Uses color recognition and fine-motor skills as kids use the squirrel tweezers to grab acorns for their tree, or swipe acorns from another player!
5. Pictionary – Check It Out Here For $20
Because let’s face it…The worse you are at drawing, the better this game is.
6. Tenzi – Check It Out Here For $14
When you want something fast-paced. Up to four players race against each other to get all 10 dice to show the same number value. Roll it!
7. Clue – Check It Out Here For $11
Miss Scarlett, with the wrench, in the billiard room. Three to six players can solve the mystery by collecting and tracking clues throughout the game. Check out the old-school retro version, here!
8. The Game of Life – Check It Out Here For $27
The classic edition. No electronic banking here…Make ’em think!
9. Jenga – Check It Out Here For $16
Stacking and crashing, be the last player to make a move without toppling the blocks. Trash-talking highly encouraged.
10. Battleship Game – Check It Out Here For $12
You sunk my battleship! You remember.
11. Hedbanz – Check It Out Here For $13
Be the first person to guess “what you are.” Perfect for a family game night with younger kids. I’ve already said, no, you’re NOT a slice of pizza 54 times…guess something else!
12. Pie Face – Check It Out Here For $15
Score a point every time you turn the handle without taking a pie to the face. Totally messy and kids love messy.
13. Yahtzee – Check It Out Here For $12
Come up with the best combinations to beat the other players. Oh and there’s always the added bonus of being able to obnoxiously shake up your dice and scream Yahtzee.
14. Classic Memory – Check It Out Here For $7
Because playing Memory with your kids is like a right of passage. The real challenge is seeing how many times you can play before some of the cards go missing. Memories.
15. Monopoly – Check It Out Here For $19
The classic version of Monopoly where everyone can fight over who gets to be the car and you still hate the person who buys Boardwalk and Park Place. #shakesfist.
16. Wooden Checkers – Check It Out Here For $35
A classic wooden checker board with a storage trays for the pieces.
17. Scrabble Deluxe – Check It Out Here For $40
A deluxe version that’s worth it. Features recessed game spaces, rotates with ease and includes a carrying case.
18. Uno Original – Check It Out Here for $9
Don’t forget to scream UNO!
19. Operation – Check It Out Here For $18
Butter fingers! Don’t touch the sides…The stress is real.
20. Perfection – Check It Out Here For $45
Race against the clock to get all 25 pieces into their spots. Besides, it’s only right that they experience the heart stopping moment when it pops up, like we did. Even when you know it’s coming. Every. Time.
21. ‘Speak Out’ Game from Hasbro – Check It Out Here For $20
Lolz for days. Players simply put in a game mouthpiece, pick a card, and try to say the phrase on the card until someone guesses it. You look funny while being funny. It’s a win-win.
The Top Selling Toys This Year
The Best Monthly Subscription Boxes for Everyone
Our Favorite Gift Cards, e-Gift Cards and Vouchers
14+ Creative Stocking Stuffer Ideas This Christmas
Gifts for Your Boss and Coworkers This Season
10 Gifts Your Kids Will Actually Love